Even though my depression has been hitting me very hard lately, I’ve managed to make progress with my sewing and knitting.
I haven’t been sewing nearly as much as I thought I would have over the past week. I did do a lot of Fall/Autumn wardrobe planning though. I’m starting to pair patterns I have that I’d like to wear this fall with fabric I have in my stash. I have a pretty good tentative list going, but I’d like to refine it and list it out in an order I’d like to get them done in. I know that I probably won’t do them exactly in that order, but at least it’s somewhere to start.
- 3 long sleeve Grainline Studio Linden sweatshirts, 2 in sweatshirt fleece (one black, one grey; given that I have enough fabric for that, I haven’t checked), one in sweater knit
- 1 Sew Over It City Break Capsule Ebook Lola Coat (The Shorter version, but I’m going to add pockets) and I have some mystery fabric in my stash, it feels like a lightweight windbreaker fabric in black, so I’m going to test the pattern in that and use it as a wearable muslin.
- 1 pair of Patterns 4 Pirates Peg Legs leggings, I have black athletic fabric for this. I need to get more fabric to make more leggings, just about all my rtw ones need replacing and I just busted through another pair this week :,(
- 1 or 2 Seamwork Oslo Cardigans, I have some sweater knits for this
- 1 Seamwork Wembley Cardigan, again in a sweater knit
- 3 Button down shirts, I have some crepe chiffon that I’m going to use for wearable a muslin. I have various shirting fabric in my stash that I’ll use once I perfect the fit of the patterns
- I’d also like some more Sew Over It City Break Capsule Ebook Mia Jeans, but I don’t have any more fabric in my stash for that.
- Same goes for more tshirts, I need to pick up more fabric in order to make more
- If I have the chance, I’d also like to make 2 blazers, a cropped one and a full length standard one. But those aren’t a priority
As you can see, it’s a lot of layering pieces mainly. Once the cold weather hits, I just throw an oversized sweatshirts on top of my baggy tshirt and leggings. So I’d like to look and feel a bit more put together and have nicer layering pieces. I’m hoping the button down shirts can also be used as a layering piece to throw on with a tshirt for something lighter than a sweater knit cardigan.
I’m also thinking about my knitting plans, I’m thinking about sweater knitting a lot. I have one started and just need to knit the sleeves and it’s finished, but I’m just not motivated to work on it, probably because the sleeve chart is confusing and doesn’t quite add up to where I left off when I separated the sleeves from the body. My probably is that most of the patterns I lean towards are fingering weight sweaters, which take forever and I lose motivation on working on it before it’s finished. However, I don’t have a sweaters quantity of worsted weight yarn in my stash to use, so I’d need to purchase some, and I’m on a really tight budget. So for now I might stick to shawl and sock knitting for myself and save up for some sweater quantities of yarn.
Speaking (or rather, writing) of sweater knitting. I’ve made significant progress on my Fiance’s sweater. I’ve finished the body and the bottom ribbing of the sweater and am almost halfway down the first sleeve. So that’s going really well and I should have it finished in plenty of time for Christmas. (I’ve made even more progress on the sleeve since I took this picture this morning!)
I think I also mentioned that I wanted to knit a sweater for my cousins 6th birthday… Well I was almost at the point of separating the sleeves when I was told he doesn’t like anything that he has to put over his head…. So I’m ripping that sweater out now and have zero ideas as to what to do for his birthday. I hate cardigan knitting because I don’t like purling continuously, the motion hurts my hands. So I’m stumped! Any suggestions on what to make for a 6 year old boys birthday?
In other knitting news, I’ve been working on a pair of socks for a friend. She asked if I could make a pair of white ankle socks with a frilly top and I said sure. So I picked up the yarn this past weekend and cast on. I’m a little past the toes now, but it’s slow going as I’m using a light fingering weight yarn, so it’s teeny tiny itsy bitsy teeny weeny stitches. But I’m enjoying having a pair of socks to work on again.
Wedding Planning! I’ve managed to get a base idea of the different things I want for my wedding, like bridesmaid dresses and shoe colors and flowers for the decor and bouquet. I’m thinking about what I’ll do for my bridal shower dress, because of course I want to make that too. I’m thinking of something with lace applique too so I can get some extra practice for the dress itself. My parents have also paired with the Fiance’s parents and they’re planning an engagement party for us next month. So I’m debating if I have time to make something for that. I have some nice off white chiffon that I could make a button down out of, but I’m not sure yet. I kind of want a dress, but I’m lost as to what pattern or style I would do for it.
Jason helped put everything in perspective though about my need to have every detail planned out even before we start planning: I have the basics, I know what I need, and I won’t know the rest until we pick a venue when the time comes. So there’s no point in fretting over these things that I can’t finalize anyway. I have everything else for now and besides, we need to start looking for houses because we ARE moving first, wedding comes later. So I’m trying to calm down about it all and just focus on looking for houses in good neighborhoods and figuring out how to construct my wedding dress for when the time comes. I’m also looking at lace options that all match and pricing for the fabric to find the best deal, but I still think that’s a necessity for figuring out before the planning starts.
(We also went to the beach, finally, as you can see in the photos. It was gorgeous! We arrived to explore just before sunset and managed to catch some amazing photos)
So what is your favorite pattern or piece of clothing for fall?